Logo

96 Erude 60 trimtilt Question

backerdown

"How do I bleed the air out of

"How do I bleed the air out of my T/T unit? I loosened the manual release screw and brought the motor to it's full up position and removed the resivior cap and added tranny fluid until it started to overflow, replaced the cap and worked the T/T motor up and down, but it still has a cavitation sound and also has a little bit of recoil when trimed all the way down. Is there a bleed out screw that I am missing?
any help on this would be great.
Thanks
Dave"

"those can be a real PITA!...t

"those can be a real PITA!...they are supposed,....to be self bleeding,..not always...
the only thing u can do,...is go up and down sev times,..loosen manual rel valve...run pump both directions,tighten,and raise and re-fill,..keep repeating till it wrks right.......but,..u could have internal probs also."

"jwb, Advise sounded great up

"jwb, Advise sounded great up until the internal problems part, what kind of internal probs could i have with such a simplistic colsed system?
It holds pressure and does not leak, it will hold the motor at half trim for 2 days with out drifting down any at all. I did run it up and down many times to top off the fluid, but not with the rel valve open. Thanks for the tip

Dave"

"i doubt ,u have any internal

"i doubt ,u have any internal probs,since it holds well,..but,what i was referring to leaking o rings,sticking ck balls etc....lets dont make probs...keep doing what i recommended in other post,..u should be fine."

Back