Logo

Carter YH carbs on Interceptor 292

cakewalk1071

"I have an IB 292 with dual Ca

"I have an IB 292 with dual Carter YH carburetor setup. The rear(aft) carb emits about a teaspoon of fuel immediately after turning the motor off. It does not leak while running. Have replaced and rebuilt the rear carb, still does it.

Anybody else have this setup? Similar problem?

Note: Carbs sit at angle die to IB nature of motor, does this have anything to do with it?"

Bear in mind that it could be

Bear in mind that it could be the front carb that's flooding. The excess fuel will run right through the manifold and come out the back. It's an old trick that side-draft Interceptors play to test the spark plug wires by the distributor for external sparking when you restart it.

"Dave
I am looking at a boat

"Dave
I am looking at a boat with these side draft carbs, it also leaks on shut off. Did you find a solution to the problem?
Thanks Gary"

"I have the repair manual on t

"I have the repair manual on this engine. With this setup the float setting on the front carb is different than the rear. The manual is at the shop, so I don't have the specs at hand. Also remember to set all floats a little lower in the bowl due to the lower specific gravity of the new fuels."

"Thanks for the info, turns ou

"Thanks for the info, turns out this engine had other problems greater than fuel leaking, so I passed on the boat,"

Back