Logo

M140A2 cannot increase speed

fishingtiger

"Dear All. I have a problem wi

"Dear All. I have a problem with Tohatsu model 140A2. I just bought second hand Tohatsu M140A2 it come with 17feet boat. It look pretty good both of boat and engine. When I start the engine it can start perfect and has a pretty good sound and good smooth operate with low RPM but when I try to increase speed ( I guess more than 1000RPM) the engine will shake a lot and I have to decrease speed immediately.

I contact the local dealer and they inform me to replace CDI unit, so I order new CDI unit. After 2 weeks new CDI unit has arrived and I put it to the engine with hopefully but it still the same. It cannot go to hi RPM and still shake. I try to do every thing change all new spark plugs, clean the carbuletor, It does not help.

Please kindly give me suggestion for solve this problem. Just told me where I have to check or told me the procedure. If you need more information from me please let me know.

Best Regards,
Ittichai Ng"

The first step is to get a ser

The first step is to get a service manual so that you will know what and how to test the engine systems.

Back