Logo

Engine stalls after 30 minutes

shuto

"new carb. valve job, new alt.

"new carb. valve job, new alt. new starter, new fuel pump, pertronic ign. new batters. runs great at 3800 rpm. then at idle for a few minutes, go to give it gas and it stalls, acts like it is missing or out of gas. let it sit awhile and everthing is good then the same thing happens, any ideas ??? thnx in advance.."

"Sounds like a fuel problem,

"Sounds like a fuel problem,
1. The pickup may be plugged with shellac. Try blowing some air through the fuel line to the tank.
2. Could be a fuel ine that is collapsing.
3. Could be a loose fuel line clamp that is letting air into the system."

"if gas line was calasping wou

"if gas line was calasping wouldnt' it happen right from the start,? air intrusion into the system /gas line would/should happen quicker also ? im a plumber don't know engines."

When this happened to me it wa

When this happened to me it was a loose clamp at the Racor fuel filter. Take it for what it is worth.

"How long do you let it set be

"How long do you let it set before it restarts?What did you change that caused the problem,or did the problem come first.
Did you check for spark or fuel when it dies.
What happens above 3800 RPM?"

"I have same problem with my m

"I have same problem with my mariah. Runs excellent for 20-30 min, but occasionally dies, and wont restart untill it cools down. Ive checked, and it has no spark when we try and restart it hot.?"

"it was the control module, it

"it was the control module, it was bad, would heat and die at 27 minutes every time, like clock work. hope ths helps. t"

Back