Logo

Marine EFI code tool for less than %24100

highflight2k2

Contributing Member
"I saw a discussion with a sim

"I saw a discussion with a similar title that I think the same dave_n posted. It was from a few years back and I was hoping to possibly renew the thread.

I have a 1999 Sea Ray 310 Sundancer with inboard 350Mag MPI engines. I posted an article a while ago trying to diagnose issues. I want to verify there are no new codes and also want to verify timing. I don't have free access to a scan tool so I wanted to use this solution if possible.

Questions:
- How do I determine which version of MEFI I have?
- With a 1999, can I still do the pin A and B jumping to put it into base timing mode? I do have the 10 pin metri-pack 150 connector.
- Anyone have a schematic for making a MEFI 3(?) to USB cable that can be used with ScannerPro (http://www.scannerpro.net/)?

Thanks very much for any and all information.

Jon"

"Hey Jon,
I can post the whol

"Hey Jon,
I can post the whole thing again if you want, it is still posted on Offshoreonly in the Budget/DIY forum. That forum only has two pages of threads so it's easy to find.

As for your questions, A '99 Mercruiser should have MEFI 3 controller, and yes the LED trick works just the same on a MEFI 1,2,3 or 4. You jump terminals A and B, and the LED goes in terminals E (negitive) and F (positive).

I don't know how to make a USB cable for ScannerPro.

Dave"

Very good. That will save me

Very good. That will save me some trouble. At least I can get the timing set/verified. I'm a noobie but the premise is pretty simple. I just need to find the marks.

I think I might just bite the bullet and buy the $200 scanner package. I'm trying to find out if they will discount a second cable for me so I can monitor both engines simultaneously. That will give me the best means to compare them. I also am going to pick up a fuel pressure tester for the fuel rail.

Thanks very much for the info.

Jon

"For those interested, I just

"For those interested, I just bought three connectors. I'm going to build three of these diagnostic connectors and put two of them up on eBay starting @ $.99. I just hope to recover the price of the connectors. I'll post the auction link(s) once I get them built and tested.

Thanks.

Jon"

Back