Logo

Electric Trolling Motor Transom Mount

milford65

Was wondering if anybody has m

Was wondering if anybody has mounted a trolling motor on the alfa one transom?

Does it mount OK and operate like Advertise

Found 1 person that said it would not mount to a older merc. 1975 model. Minn kota 202 was the trolling motor.

All advise is welcome.

"Bill...

Is there a sales a

"Bill...

Is there a sales advertisment picture of what you're trying to do? What type of boat do you have? I think the question is... Will it mount to the back of your boat, not worrying about what out drive you have.

Wrench"

The model 202 packs a wallop w

The model 202 packs a wallop w/202 lbs. of thrust @ 36 VDC. It mounts to the cavitation plate on an outboard or I/O. A sales rep. could tell you what it won't fit. It will take some HD batteries!

"Wrench,

No I haven't s

"Wrench,

No I haven't sean a picture of one on a alfa one yet..

And haven't talked to anyone who has installed one on there boat.

My boat is a 1990 crestliner saber 5.0LX alfa one..
24.5ft. long & is about 4800lbs.. aluminum

I'm a little old fashion it's a big investment with batteries, charger,and motor.

Just was looking for some imput from anyone who put one on a alfa one. They are new & I read a review that it would not mount on a MR model..

thx Bill"

"Bill:

The cash investment

"Bill:

The cash investment for this T. motor, 3 HD DC batteries and a min. 3 bank 30 amp charger is over $2K. That will buy a good used 10 HP kicker motor which weighs less than half the weight of the batteries, charger and T. motor. Look at Iboats.com for used motors."

Bill i have an old old pre alp

Bill i have an old old pre alpha outdrive and was looking at what minkota had to offer honestly i picked up a kicker bracket and an old 1970 ish sears gamefisher 4.5 hp kicker for $250 from a yard sale and built my own system to tie it to my outdrive for turning once the throttle is set it trolls me very well for about 2 hours before refueling and i am very happy

MickIrish:

I use a bow moun

MickIrish:

I use a bow mounted power drive w/a remote control. I can sit at the stern and control the motor operation. You could stern mount one w/a drop down bracket and control it from anywhere in the boat. I also have a fishfinder w/a transducer on the motor.

"thx guys,

I have a 9.9 kic

"thx guys,

I have a 9.9 kicker on mine now.. honda 4 stroke.

It's a pain in the ass to adj. throttle ..

I fish lake erie and lake ontario white caps alot of the time. Speed is everthing 2 tenths mph fish shut off, presentation is the game..

I have never seen a trolling motor on a merc. outdrive yet and I think its the $$$$$$$ is why.."

Back