Logo

Oil

gcook

I just bought a 2003 Eninrude

I just bought a 2003 Eninrude 175hp Fitch. The person I bought it from said I had to use "special" oil from Evinrude. He said that the computerized engins can be picky and not run as well. I find it hard to belive that I can not use a quality oil from anyone?

It was Evinrude Fitch Ram Inje

It was Evinrude Fitch Ram Injection synthetic oil 2 cycle. He gave me two gallons with the motor and told me to get them filled art the dealer?

"I'm not familiar with tha

"I'm not familiar with that oil myself as I retired shortly before the Fitch engine was manufactured.

However, I'm sure that one of the other members will jump in here shortly with an expert opinion."

"As of today I think that oil

"As of today I think that oil is called XD-50 by BRP. And yes, there is a special need for a 'higher' grade oil in direct injected engines to prevent soot/carbon build-up and premature spark plug failures. By law it technically is possible to run on any TCW-III oil, but not without side effects. If using TCW-III, at least use 'Carbon Guard' in fuel."

"Buy the XD50! It's only a

"Buy the XD50! It's only a couple bucks more per gallon. I use it in my old cross flow. It reduces the smoke substantially, and it idles better. With the Ficht, it reduces the carbon buildup also."

Back