Logo

1997 Johnson 70Hp battery

saracen

"Hi - anyone know the recommen

"Hi - anyone know the recommended battery for this application (AMps p/hr,size plates etc. Engine starting only with the only electrical component run is a fish finder.

Cheers"

"Normally I would recommend a

"Normally I would recommend a 'cheap' 60/70 Ah battery. If You have cranking problems with that, even with running lights and fish-finder on, check both battery's discharge capacity, all battery cable connections including main battery switch if You have that.
You may run down to a 45 Ah battery, but running the risk of overcharging. You may go up to 90/110 Ah providing You manage to keep it top charged."

"Depending where you are you c

"Depending where you are you can pick up a "dual purpose" marine battery. They aren't the greatest of technology because they try to be both a starting and deep cycle battery - and they just can't be both.

But they do work fine for the application you are mentioning. I run one on mine - starts fine, runs the gps/sounder perfectly.

Just picked a brand new one from West Marine (on sale) for 60 something bucks - 745 cranking amps and 80 AH on the deep cycle rating which is more than enough for the average run-about.."

Back