Logo

TohatsuNissan Modelserial # lookup source

jps10

"Hi everyone-
New to this sit

"Hi everyone-
New to this site, but not really a discussion as much as a question:
Just bought a used Tohatsu 8hp 2 cycle and now have a Nissan 6hp 4 cycle to get rid of.
I don't know what year either is.
Is there an online lookup source, or do you actually have to place a call to Nissan/Tohatsu home office or what?
The Tohatsu is model M8B, 3B2 serial no: 40829
The Nissan is NSF6A2 3R4-1 serial no: 04158
in case anyone has a manaul of model/serial numbers.
Thanks for your time.
Patrick"

Tohatsu guru- thanks for the i

Tohatsu guru- thanks for the info; I'm surprised they don'y have an 800 toll free line.

I guess I'll ante up the toll charge just to know for sure.
thanks again.

"800 numbers encourage dumbass

"800 numbers encourage dumbass, bothersome phone calls. They would rather people direct said questions to their local dealers...However, as there is no list available on older model engines, you have to contact them directly
"

"That's an interesting tak

"That's an interesting take.
I wonder if these corporations are so big and fat now, that they can get away with that perspective of the end user.
Kind of reminds me of how GM and Ford used to treat customers before the arrival of Honda, Toyota and Nissan. But look at 'em today.

To take it a step further, companies like BMW, IBM, AT&T, Toshiba [my recent experiences anyway] almost invite those exquisitely annoying and elementary inquiries as a hook to gain the end users confidence and as an "Oh by the way, did you happen to notice our latest models?".
What an underhanded way of doing business.
Frankly, I don't know how they stay in business.
But, in the end, you're probably right.
There are waaay too many end users who will never get it. There business is just too hard to capture and maintain. Oh well.

Hey, thanks again."

Back