Logo

Oil Changer

hoseman

Contributing Member
"I want to purchase an oil pum

"I want to purchase an oil pump or extractor for the block, any type or brand that you would recommend or not.It doesn't have to be the best just something good enough to last and not be junk after the first use."

You can purchase a drill type

You can purchase a drill type pump.It will be available at any marine store. You use it on a 3/8 variable drill. The engine must be run first so that the oil is "thinned" so that the pump can remove it. I have one and use it on my 5.7 MerCruiser. ITT JABSCO ELECTRIC DRILL PUMP KIT
Binnacle Product ID #24001

Consider a drain hose kit that

Consider a drain hose kit that replaces the oil pan drain bolt. Pull the hose out thru the hull/bilge drain and unscrew the plug to drain the oil.

"If you dont have a oil pan dr

"If you dont have a oil pan drain plug than the next best is the drill pump Joe suggests.
The typical pump location is a plastic tube down the dipstick tube.
Depending on the pump kit, you may have to go to the hardware store and get a length of clear nylon tube as big in diameter that will fit down the dipstick tube. The nylon tube will tend to curl up so heat it up over the ol'ladys stove to take the curl out of it.
Along with warming up the engine before pumping, you may want to jack up the boat/trailer so oil collects on side of pan the dipstick tube is loacated.
If you have to make some adapto gizmo to get the suction side to the correct diameter, make sure there are NO air leaks on the suctuon side of the pump. Any air leak on suction side will inhibit the suction."

Back