Logo

98 200 hp Ocean Runner high water pressure

dieseldave

Hi everyone. My boat has been

Hi everyone. My boat has been sitting up over the winter. I changed the water pump and now at idle there is about 10-12 psi of water pressure. When i get above 3500 rpm the gauge pegs out at 30 psi. Any ideas on what could be causing this or what i should check first?

"first thing that comes to min

"first thing that comes to mind,is the pressure relief valve---upper top,left sd...there is,or should be,the tapered,floating,thermostat hsng's,installed.there are at least,2 types."

"Dave, That sounds pretty goo

"Dave, That sounds pretty good to me. Anyone know the spec on this?"

Thanks for the responses. I c

Thanks for the responses. I checked the relief valve and think it could have been stuck. I plan to see if this fixed the problem tomorrow.

Just got back in. Started up

Just got back in. Started up and ran fine. Got up on plain and went about 100 yards. The water pressure pegged out at 30 psi and then the motor started shutting down. Sounded like I lost a cyclinder. Limped back in and took a compresion test when i got home. 1 cyclinder was about 25 psi lower than the rest. Poured some oil in the cyclerder and now the compression matches the rest. Could it be a head gasket forcing compression into the water jacket cause the high water pressure?

"thats a thought,but u would a

"thats a thought,but u would also get wtr in that cyl....which,may be causing your running prob."

Back