Logo

Lehman rebuild

salty_11

I am considering buying a traw

I am considering buying a trawler with a 120 Lehman 2715E 1980 model reported to have 2300 hrs. I am assuming that is after at least one rebuild.
My question is how many hrs to expect after a rebuild and how many rebuilds are possible?
Thanks for any opinions
Mark

I would be surprized if after

I would be surprized if after only 2300 hours the engine(s) would have been rebuilt unless there was a cooling or lack of oil problem. These engines routinely go 800 to 10000 hours plus before needing to be rebuilt. I had to rebuilt one at 3500 hours because of an overheating problem that was partially my fault(cracked piston that scored the clyinder wall. Found out then that American Diesel is able to provide three oversized pistons so if the block is ok you could do at least 2 maybe even three rebuilds.

"Richard, Thank you for your r

"Richard, Thank you for your response. I have discovered that the motor does have only 2300 hrs having spent most of its life on the hard. I am in the process of buying the boat now. I’ am sure more questions will be forthcoming."

"I am looking at a boat with a

"I am looking at a boat with a Peugeot-Lehman 61 HP, Model 4D61 with 5479 hours on it. I am wondering what life expectency I would get from it? Any ideas? Thank you in advance for any information. Ron"

"Greg,
Thanks for your reply,

"Greg,
Thanks for your reply, I will have to look at a possible replacement cost before deciding on the boat. Thanks again
Ron"

Back