Logo

b73 40 HP Johnson 40R73D

"G'day
Does this motor ha

"G'day
Does this motor have battery charging coil facility? If not, can it be easily converted to this facility?
Thanks, Mark"

"no,it does,nt,unless u alread

"no,it does,nt,unless u already have the generator,....and i cant think of a mounting location on that stator plate,to put a charging coil.In those years,there was a generator kit that could be added,driven by a belt,off flywheel..In the later years,..the elect starts,were,equiped w/a small charging system...it could def be done,..but may cost more that the mtr is worth to do it."

"I have a 1970 40 big twin,con

"I have a 1970 40 big twin,converted it for 70 bucks off e bay,generator,bracket,volt reg,belt.I would start there,my works fine."

Thanks for the responses. I wo

Thanks for the responses. I would imagine then that without putting a charging system on the motor one would have to put the battery on charge after every fishing trip?
Thanks once again.
Mark

"No the magneto runs the ignit

"No the magneto runs the ignition. Battery cranks the motor only.It will run with a dead battery! If you use fishfinders. lights , stereo you might need to recharge each trip. A good battery will start that motor many, many times."

Back