Logo

Johnson 15HP 1976

I have just recently purchased

I have just recently purchased this motor and need some answers to questions>
How long should it run before water starts to squirt?
If I need to pull the lower unit do I take it apart in netural as on other engines?
Is ;there any web page whereby I can download a operator's manuel?
It has a new water pump even though I did not do the work. Is there anyother reason that water is not exiting the top hole?
I appreciate all of you that may reply to these questions. Need to get ready for crappie fishing.]
good fishing to one and all

"Drop the lower unit:
6 screw

"Drop the lower unit:
6 screws holding the gearcase, drop 1/2 -2/3", disconnect the shiftrod coupler 1 or both screws.
Down unit and double check the impeller again.
Check water tube to engine by blowing, or preferably apply a light water pressure. There should be next to no resistance. The tell tale nipple might be blocked so try to blow backwards with compressed air to be sure it is open."

"According to shop.evinrude.co

"According to shop.evinrude.com the 76-15hp did not have a tell-tale.Put your hand on the exhaust cover while it is running,it should stay " cool " to the touch."

"I guess that there is a possi

"I guess that there is a possibility of a bad thermstat. It has been completely redone as for as head gasket, caurb, water pump,power pack even head milled new prop. It just may need to be run and run some more. <u>D<font color=""ff0000"">do you drop the lower unit with gear shift in netural?</font></u>"

It is an up-down motion to shi

It is an up-down motion to shift----- therefor shift position does NOT MATTER!

"working on it now.
<font col

"working on it now.
<font color=""ff0000"">Question: How many ports or places does the water exit the motor.
I am getting a lot of water from the swivel point. Is this natural?</font>"

iS THERE A CAURB ADJUSTMENT OF

iS THERE A CAURB ADJUSTMENT OF ANY KIND ON THIS MOTOR. BOY HOPE THE REPAIR MANUEL COMES SOON.
DO HAVE IT RUNNING BUT JUST SEEMS TO BE SORT OF STARVING FOR FUEL AT TIMES.
THANKS FOR THE REPLYS
20YEARS ARMY PERHAPS SHOULD HAVE BEEN NAVY

Back