Logo

Fuel tank question

dawgs

Regular Contributor
i found a replacement plastic

i found a replacement plastic tank that will fit good for me.....the only problem is the pick up is in front of the tank...now when i accelerate wont the fuel rush to the back of the tank? what if im low on fuel? does it make a huge difference where the pick up is? its a 52 gallon tank...at what capacity do you think this will come into play? does it have to be almost empty or will i have this problem at 1/4 tank?

my old aluminum tank has the pick up in the front as well but it was 63 gal and im not sure if the pick up was angled toward the back inside or it was straight down

"There is a certain amount of

"There is a certain amount of 'accumulation' in the fuel system that will compensate for that. I'd be more concerned that the pickup end of the tank might be lower at rest! If so, you'll have to run extra fuel all the time.

Can you tilt that sucker down in front and run it that way? You know, angle it down all you can get away with?

Jeff"

what if i spun the tank 180 de

what if i spun the tank 180 degrees? the fill would be on the other side but i think i can make the bend. it would be about a 6 foot run with the fuel fill hose....is 6 feet too much?

Back