Logo

1974 johnsarude 85 hp

I replaced the power module du

I replaced the power module due to only two cylinders firing.I then had no fire i then rereplaced and no fire to any cyls again i am afraid to risk another module.i reinstalled the original madule it once again ran only on two cyls.i apparently need the other two cyl.s fireing i cant even get stranded caus it dont have enough power to get off the trailer!please help

"There are two sensors on the

"There are two sensors on the timer base that send a 1.5v signal to the scr switches in the powerpack.

One sensor fires 1 & 3 cylinder, the other sensor fires 2 & 4 cylinder. Check the resistance of those sensors with a ohm meter. The readings on both sensors should be the same."

I also have a '74 85hp evi

I also have a '74 85hp evinrude that only fires the port cylinders. Looking for troubleshooting steps. I have not replaced the powerpack. All I know is that only the 2 port cylinders fire. Thanks for any direction to start repairs.

"I just picked up a '74 85

"I just picked up a '74 85hp Johnson. There are two round holes at the top of the lower unit. While running, should these be shooting water? They aren't. I'm guessing water pump. Is this correct? I'm pretty mechanical, should I replace it myself or am I better off having a professional handel it? Thanks."

Back