Logo

NO FIRE ON 40 HP JOHNSON

want_to_fish

"I HAVE A 93 JOHNSON 40HP MOTO

"I HAVE A 93 JOHNSON 40HP MOTOR MODEL #TJ40ELETB. THIS MOTOR NOT FIRING FROM EITHER PLUG WIRE. I HAVE REPLACED THE POWER PACK. I SPENT THE WHOLE DAY CHECKING WIRES, CONNECTIONS, AND FUSES, EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD. ENGINE TURNS OVER VERY WELL. IF THE SAFETY SWITCH WAS BAD WOULD MOTOR TURN OVER? I'M NOT SURE WHAT TO DO NEXT. I'M NOT SURE WHAT PARTS (IF ANY) COULD BE RULED OUT SINCE ENGINE TURNS OVER. I HAVE JUST BOUGHT THIS BOAT AND IT HAS BEEN IN STORAGE FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! THIS SITE IS GREAT AND YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN GREAT HELP-THANKS"

just wanted to say that i'

just wanted to say that i've spent 2 days trying to get this motor to fire. I disconnected black and yellow wire and engine fires like crazy. me and my son can't thank you enough!If you have time tell me what the black and yellow wire does.:) I'll have a few more questions later. You are awesome.:)

"Black/Yellow is the stop circ

"Black/Yellow is the stop circuit. By disconnecting, You eliminate defect emergency/stop switch and ign-switch stop. One of the above is the likely culprit."

FIRING Problem ... I replaced

FIRING Problem ... I replaced the points on my Volvo Penta AQ 120 B . the points fire but it seems real weak. The fire to the plugs is real real weak . tried a new coil and no change. Any sugestions >?

"morten, thanks again for help

"morten, thanks again for helping me with the firing problem on my 40 hp johnson. i finally got to work on boat again today. i put new plugs and wires on and it cranked right up and ran pretty good, but now it wont turn off with ignition switch, but like i said before it won't run with black/yellow wire hooked up. do you think it is a bad ignition switch? if you have any ideas i would love to hear them. thank you so much again."

Back