Logo

1987 rude electrical

hercules

"I have spark on one cyc only.

"I have spark on one cyc only. I have checked all ohem readings at stator/sensers/rectifier, they all check out within specs, unhooked red plug,unhooked black/yellow wire at power pack, spin motor with/without plugs same results. I had the motor out last week and it ran great, ran the gas out of the carbs and shut it down. Now I have spark on one plug only??? Brain Freeze"

thats not extremely critical--

thats not extremely critical---w/u having done the above...i would install a new pwr pack.

"Boy I must have brain freeze,

"Boy I must have brain freeze, the motor is 1977 85 hp. rude, but the problems are still the same. Does this make any difference?"

"(Running Engine Out Of Ga

"(Running Engine Out Of Gas)
(J. Reeves)

If the engine has but one carburetor, it's unlikely that running the engine out of gas would do any harm. When the carburetor runs out of the fuel/oil mixture, the engine stops running.

However, a engine that has more than one carbuetor should simply be shut off. The reasoning is that the top carburetor will run out of fuel first due to gravity and the engine will continue to run on because of the still existing fuel in the other lower carburetors.

This results in having at least one aluminum piston running up and down a steel cylinder wall with improper or no lubrication. Not a good idea!
OR simply clisk on the following hyperlink

When time permits, visit my store (copy/paste) at: stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

Back