Logo

Lack of fuel b95 50 hp

cschmidt

"A friend has a '95 50hp J

"A friend has a '95 50hp Johnson outboard he bought last year. Ran great all year, then stalled while underway. If he pumps the fuel line primer bulb the engine will run fine. I think fuel pump.. Other suggestions? Posible bad fuel line?
If we think it is a fuel pump, we plan on converting to non-VRO. Any issues there?
Thanks.
Chuck"

"prob fuel /vro pump,,getting

"prob fuel /vro pump,,getting off of it is no big deal...installing a reg fuel pump will wk fine,..there is a repair kit avail for your vro..u need a manual ,.esp if u rebuild vro for verification of oil del after installation."

"Sorry if this is a dup, the p

"Sorry if this is a dup, the previous reply didn't seem to work correctly...

JWB... so could an option be to install the fuel only VRO repair kit, plug the oil input lines in the VRO and run as is (adding oil to the gas)?

I have taken apart a fuel pump from a early 70's Johnson 115 before. Is the repair kit just an installation of the diaphram and some gaskets?

Thanks,
Chuck"

"here is some excellent info o

"here is some excellent info on the VRO for u.. --> http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/VRO.html

but yes,u can just rebuild yours..and cap off oil inlet-- or install a reg ol fuel pump or,..if your vro hsng is warped or damaged,..u can get the fuel only vro looking fuel pump... easier to inst,..but more expensive.
I-- would prob inst the reg ol fuel pump,w/a lil plumbing wk..and be done w/the costly others."

Back