Logo

Tilt trim switch

C

chris morgan

i have a 93 40hp johnson i am

i have a 93 40hp johnson i am trying to wire up a tilt/trim switch on the cowell of the motor i already have a tilt switch in front of boat and on swifter it has a spot for the switch on the motor but never has been wired i dont want to fry my new switch because it cost 40.00 i thought i could wire into the wires from the other two switches can you tell me how i need to wire it up thanks chris

"It should be color coded.

"It should be color coded.

Red wire should be connected to a 12 volt battery source.

Green (Up Mode), connect it to the like color (green) up wire leading to the tilt/trim unit.

Blue (Down Mode), connect it to the like color (blue) down wire leading to the trim unit.

Should it be that someone has spliced in other color wires, you'll need to trace them down with a volt/ohm meter to determine the color code."

"i have the green,blue and red

"i have the green,blue and red what i have is in the battery area is the two relays there is a blue,green and red that comes from the other switches those wires go into the relays then there is a larger blue,green and red that comes out of the relays that go to the motor do i slice into the ones going to the motor or the ones that are coming from the other switches i just wanted to be sure because this switch cost too much thanks for help"

thanks for the info i thought

thanks for the info i thought i should be able to wire into the wires coming from the other switchs because it has to go throught the relays i had tried to wire into the wires going to the motor but that didnt work thanks alot i will go and try it

thanks jwbmarine i went out a

thanks jwbmarine i went out and wired up like you said and it is all working

Back