Logo

Boat lift question

B

Brucethumb

"Hello all, I am currently wor

"Hello all, I am currently working on my old boathouse that hasn't been used in years. It has a boat lift that is in good working order.On the nameplate of the hoist assembly, the weight capacity has either worn off or faded away. The hoist assmbly is an "Ace Power Hoist" mfg. by Ace Lab inc. Columbus, Ohio. The S/N is #42. It is the type of belt driven lift that turns a 2" pipe & cables, and is still sold today.The big gear has a no. 48 on it & I assume that is the teeth count. The motor is a westnghse 1/2 hp.,115/230v.,1725 rpm., 1ph. I plan on hanging a boat & motor weighing approx. 2000 lbs., and I want to be sure it will handle it. If anyone can help me or point me in a direction, I would really appreciate it. Thankyou, Bruce"

"[b]"and is still sold tod

""and is still sold today."

Ayuh,.. I'd think a call to the Manufacturer would be the Safest Bet....."

"I'd be more concerned abo

"I'd be more concerned about the old boathouse than the hoist. If you are in an area where it snows, don't leave the boat hanging over the winter.... Boat + snow can be a lot of weight on the structure. Get large beams across under the bunks and lower the boat onto them for a winter sleep"

Back