Logo

Iridium sparkplugs

bsagel

Has anyone ever used iridium s

Has anyone ever used iridium sparkplugs on a 2 stroke outboard?.... if so how did they run?

"Bob, those are meant for an a

"Bob, those are meant for an automotive (or inboard) ignition system. If you use anything other than Champions as recommended by OMC you are asking for your motor to underperform.."

"I was able to get a hold of t

"I was able to get a hold of the exact sparkplugs for my old 65hp rude that the original owner's manual suggested. UL-77V....this plug is listed as a racing application on Champion's website. I asked for some advice here on the discussion forum and people told me to use L77JC-4 with a .030 gap setting. I found the Champion website and put my motor information in and it did list the L77JC-4 plug as the applicable plug that I needed. However, after purchasing 3 of these plugs, gapped at .030, it ran O.K. Then I purchased 3 UL77V's....UNREAL!!! When I switched over to the original UL77V plugs it fired up with no hesitation and seemed to breathe much better. I recommend you find your original OWNER'S MANUAL and go with the recommended plug. Not that the other plugs did any damage to my motor....but I feel that there is a reason they were listed in my owner's manual. The difference in the plugs is that there is no gap setting on the racing plugs!! here is a link
http://www.championsparkplugs.com/results_cross.asp?pid=UL-77V&x=45&y=16"

Back