Logo

1993 johnson 40hp not firing

want_to_fish

"i have recently purchased a 1

"i have recently purchased a 1993 tracker bass boat with a 40 hp johnson motor model #TJ40ELETB. Engine was not firing. I just purchased a service manual and power pack from MarineEngine.com. I installed the power pack today, but the engine is still not firing. I hate to keep guessing and buying parts. Can anyone suggest what to check next, and how to check it? Thank you in advance for all your help. I have a 12 year old, dying to go fishing."

"u r just going to have to fol

"u r just going to have to follow the ign trblsht sequence.Make sure all the pins in all the plug in conn's are clean,and pushed in far enuf to make a good conn.
Trfy this--disc the black/yellow conn,at pwr pack,crank and test spark..."

it took me a while to get to w

it took me a while to get to work on the boat again. i wanted to take time to tell you how much i appreciate your help. i disconnected black and yellow wire and it fires like crazy! thanks so much.

"i worked on the boat again on

"i worked on the boat again on saturday. finally got it cranked. it ran well but will not turn off with ignition switch, but won't run with black/yellow wire connected. do you think i have a bad ignition switch? any advice would be welcomed. thanks for all your help."

Back