Logo

Johnson 70hp Again

marks500

Contributing Member
"Well here I am again, Me and

"Well here I am again, Me and boats dont get along...lol... Anyways... my Johnson 70hp has been running great. I took it out a few weeks again and after fishing for a while I went to go start it, and it would not start. I went to the engine to check it out and I saw fuel on the water so I knew it was flooded. So I trolled back to the ramp took it home and pulled the spark plugs let it dry and it started right back up and runs good out of the water on the ear muffs at the house.. Now here is the new problem. I took it back out a week later and I get going as normal and get up to about 10mph then push the throttle down to go faster and it boggs down and wants to shut off. Any suggestions on where to start??? Like I said it runs fine out of the water on the ear muffs like nothing is wrong."

"OK, In addition to my first m

"OK, In addition to my first message. I went outside started the engine up ran good. I opened up the cover that shows the carbs and I could see gas just sitting there coming out of the carbs, I pulled the spark plugs and they are wet. But like I said it runs good in the drive way. Some how it seems to be getting to much gas... any suggestions would help. I still have it pulled apart."

"Thanks, I think I am gonna st

"Thanks, I think I am gonna start with the rebuild of the carbs and change out the plugs... see where that gets me. Thanks again."

Back