Logo

Identification of my engine

saeed

I bought a used mercruiser ste

I bought a used mercruiser sterndrive 233hp 8 cyl. I ignore its year make or its code.

"It's probably a 351w Ford

"It's probably a 351w Ford motor, with a Mod.1 drive,...
Mid/ Late-70s......."

"I need to identify my 8 cyl M

"I need to identify my 8 cyl MerCruiser engine and stern drive
On the engine block I read: 47 GM 14010207

on the upper part of the stern drive I read: serial number 6124886
I need to know the code for my engine, its horse power, and the kind of stern drive I have to be able to find parts for it."

"Saeed
According to my softwa

"Saeed
According to my software, you have a Mercruiser (198/200/228/230/260/HP R/MR/Alpha One) Serial number off stern drive, the same. Model Number 00014342. The block number does not come up in my program.
Bert"

"Hey Bondo, Bert or anyone els

"Hey Bondo, Bert or anyone else-

I just bought a used Shamrock that someone repowered with a Mercruiser Chevy 350 and a 1:1 BW gear.

It has a top rear mounted heat exchanger, a Rochester 4 bbl and a remote mount oil filter. the exhaust manifolds are fresh water cooled and the risers raw water cooled. The raw water pump is a good size and appears stock. It also sports a Thunderbolt IV ignition module mounted on the riser.

I can't see any ID plate or anything else that might tell me the year. It doesn't have a hour meter and I was told by the PO that the engine has 100 hrs on it. I suspect it is a pre 2006.......

I am a PCM Ford and a diesel guy and could use a little help in finding the ID year."

"Ayuh,....

If the block is

"Ayuh,....

If the block is original,...
There'll be a little aluminum tag riveted to the block, just ahead of the Starter....."

"Bondo,
I bought a 1971 reine

"Bondo,
I bought a 1971 reinell with a 6cly ford 165 hp and a mercruiser sterndrive. I cant find any identification tag for the lower unit or even a serial number. The part I need is the socket for the u joints. what i read the part numbers all kind of interchange... I think I need part #39383-1. Can you Help Me

Thanks, Dusty"

"[b]" with a 6cly ford 165

"" with a 6cly ford 165 hp and a mercruiser sterndrive."

Ayuh,.... No such animal exists......

Chevy 250cids Were used though...

"The part I need is the socket for the u joints."

Do you mean the Engine Coupler,..??"

"Dustin
My Merc software show

"Dustin
My Merc software shows the number 39383 as the socket number for 165 hp engines, from 1970 to 1977 and 1978 to 1981. 58749 shows as the cross and bearing assembly for the ujoint.
Bert"

"Bert,
could you tell me if t

"Bert,
could you tell me if there is a transom kit part # for my boat.
I found the serial # on the lower unit it is
Thanks, Dustin"

Back