Logo

What it Worth

gcook

"I have a 1996 130 Evinrude wi

"I have a 1996 130 Evinrude with one low cylinder. The rest of the motor is in good shape, still actualy run ok. What is it worth? I also am looking at a 2003 Evinrude 175hp fitch, excelent condition ,use only one and a half season and in storage since. I can get it for $3500 is that a good price?Any info will help."

You better jump on that 175 an

You better jump on that 175 and quick. Check the values at Nada.com. They list that motor as going for about 6500 - 7000 depending on the model.

The engine does not come with

The engine does not come with a propeller do you know what size i would need? It is going on a 21 ft Novi style lobster boat?

"Gregory, I can look up your b

"Gregory, I can look up your boat and get the dry weight etc, if you post about how much you usually carry on-board (people, junk for the day etc) I can throw it all into my prop calculator and it will spit out a prop recommendation for you...."

"Thank you. I dont know how mu

"Thank you. I dont know how much it weights it is not a mass produed hull. And i gutted it and layed up the hull and put new stingers ,floors, stern and deck. I probably added 1000lb with resin and wood (55 galon drum). Usaly two to three people on board. If i could get a starting point that would be great. thank You"

"Gregory, based on your descri

"Gregory, based on your description of the boat as to style etc and the info you provided I ran some numbers for you. I have estimated that your boat would be in the 3500-4000 pound range. Given that and accounting for gas, batteries, other equipment, weight of the motor, passengers etc you are probably looking at a 13 pitch prop (14 1/2 to 15 1/2 diameter)."

Back