Logo

71 60 hp Johnson Hydro Elc Drive

willstox

Contributing Member
"I am sorry if this a dumb que

"I am sorry if this a dumb question but, I removed the 2 plugs in the lower unit, checking to see if there was oil/grease in it, and when I removed the top plug...screw....alot, I mean alot of presure came out, then I removed the drain screw and about 1 pint of good looking clean oil came out. This oil smelt like grease? I know it takes C type oil for the lower end, should it smell like grease?...and, the oil that came out had no metal shards in it, no water, it looked clean for a lower end that was stuck in the ground for almost 4 years."

"Sticking in the ground means

"Sticking in the ground means nothing----Lower units are completely sealed ( when the seals are good ), that is nothing gets in and nothing gets out.The fact that there was pressure is a very , very , very good sign.It means that the seals are in good shape."

"Why yes it is a horn , works

"Why yes it is a horn , works on 12 volts and if it is working it alarms on overheat.Beats MERCURY motors that did not have that feature in those days!!You have visited shop. evinrude.com to get the details on your motor?? ---- L-L-L -----Look / listen / learn."

Come now --- Look again --- Yo

Come now --- Look again --- You switch to look for JOHNSON then the year then the HP and then the parts you want ---eg the horn is part # 42 and listed at $71.02

Back