Logo

Spark plugs can they be interchanged

sinnerboy

"hay peoples I went to the boa

"hay peoples I went to the boat shop today and asked the guy for some plugs for me rude 9.9hp model 9122r.... which has B6s NGK's in it and he gave me B7s NGK's which he reckons is the right ones for that model, the reach is the same, but can someone tell me if he has given me a bum steer or should I take them back and get the ones that are in it at the moment."

"u need ----champion ql77jc4--

"u need ----champion ql77jc4--gapped at .030
these plugs,..i have used in both brkr point ign,and cd,(in 9.9 and 15)...and we install them in all 9.9 and 15 hp engines,w/excellent long term use."

"Adrian, B7s are one ranger co

"Adrian, B7s are one ranger colder than B6s. They do have the same reach and are the same size etc. However, unless they are the recommended plug, you may have running issues."

"Adrian, go with the champions

"Adrian, go with the champions that JWB suggests. The NGK's work best in higher voltage ignitions. Most OMC ignitions put out about 25,000 volts - best suited to Champion plugs - Merc's/Yami's put out 40-50,000 so use NGK's.

You can cross ref almost any plug, but their resistance is different and your motor could end up running like junk even with a brand new plugs that "should" be the same as what is recommended...."

Back