Logo

2000 90hp johnson 2 stroke

E

emory

should there be any water comi

should there be any water coming out from the cowling at the top of my motor...had mechanic say all johnsons leak there...but another said no they should not...how about a little input on this..dont want to leave it too long if a problem...thanks!

"Joe,
Its coming out right un

"Joe,
Its coming out right under the cowling on the motor facing the back of boat side...the mechanic said he put a hose up inside the motor and no water came out that way...then when the rabbit ears on...it did leak ..."

"Joe,
I guess you could say w

"Joe,
I guess you could say where the motor connects to the top of the lower unit...."

"Emory.... I retired at some p

"Emory.... I retired at some point in 1991 and really can't visulize the area you speak of. Hopefully one or more of the other members will jump in here with knowledge of the design of your engine, with an educated answer to your question."

"Joe,
well then should water

"Joe,
well then should water come from anywhere other than where it shoots out....."

My motor is only firing on two

My motor is only firing on two cylinders is this an idicator i need a new power pack...still have the orignal one on...its a 2000???? Or are there other things this might possibly be...????

"That engine does not have man

"That engine does not have many possible leaking points. Heads and power head base gaskets are the two main. I would guess You will have to lift the powerhead and change the gasket. Not a big job, and not much costs in parts involved.
Before You start, remove the lower covers and start the engine, then it is easier to see the leak."

"Snook.....

(MarineEngi

"Snook.....

(MarineEngine.com - Properly Inserted Post)

Go back to the previous page and click on the "Start New Discussion" hyperlink that exists in the "Blue Border".

This will allow you to enter your question/post under your own title heading which will then appear at the top of the list.

As it now stands, your post is buried under the post of another member."

"Morten,
Thanks for your answ

"Morten,
Thanks for your answer...I thought myself this was not right...i have never before seen any leakage..what could this do to the engine???"

"Leaks appears for different r

"Leaks appears for different reasons. Another possible leak-point is the rubber hose for bypass exhaust at the back that may be cracked from age, or running without proper cooling!
But as said, taking down the lower covers will give You full access to inspect."

"Water where it is not suppose

"Water where it is not supposed to be may harm. Corrosion, short-circuit in electric systems etc."

Replace the power head gasket.

Replace the power head gasket. The new gaskets are a better quality.

Back