Logo

89 johnson 15 hp lower unit question

J

Jeff forsyth

Just replaced water pump and p

Just replaced water pump and prop shaft seals. Put this motor back together and started it and let it run for 20 minutes or so. Runs great. Problem is I noticed some brownish grey oily stuff dripping from the skag. Took the prop off and it was running out from from behind the prop housing .Is it possible the seals under the water pump are shot? Checked the lower unit oil and it had no water in it. Thxs in advance for the help!!!! jeff f

"Maybe , just maybe this norma

"Maybe , just maybe this normal. Oh I forgot it is normal.Don't worry about it.The only fix is a 4 stroke motor."

i would be interested in jwbma

i would be interested in jwbmarines comment thx.....

"JWB is probably sleeping.
Bu

"JWB is probably sleeping.
But don't worry. It is most probably unburnt 2-stroke oil and carbon from the exhaust system. If it starts getting 'too messy', run a sea-foam or Engine Tuner sequence and get the exhaust and engine cleaned from build-up, but You will never get it completely 'solved'."

thankyou for the reply!!!! wil

thankyou for the reply!!!! will try this and see what happens..this forum is great.

"Jeff, you should apply the --

"Jeff, you should apply the ---- LLL method--- You look / listen / and learn.May this alaska guy is right after all."

Back