Logo

Engine for REGAl 2150 SX Hull 1999year

makbat

"Hi, Could anyone help me what

"Hi, Could anyone help me what engine can i fit on Regal 2150 LSC SX. 5.0? 5.8? Used Engine, and where i can find it?
Thank you very much.
happy.gif
"

"A Regal 2150 is a big hunk of

"A Regal 2150 is a big hunk of fiberglass so technically, you can fit any engine ever made. The engine that was in YOUR boat originally is the only valuable info - then we might be able to give you a couple of options, but there's usually only 1 easy option and that is the identical one that was fitted originally."

"[img][/img] My bad, now it ha

"
My bad, now it has 4.3 GL 190hp (carburated) But dont have a lot of power, when you are 4-5 people in the boat its very hard to get in to the "slide" so i was wondering can i fit 5.0 or 5.8 injection with some more power, and i cant find the web sites with used engines

Tnx"

"Ayuh,.....

The short answe

"Ayuh,.....

The short answer to your question is No....
You can't Just swap in a larger motor.....
Not only is the drive's gear ratio Wrong for a bigger motor,....
There'll be other fitment issues.....

You'll be Way Ahead to trade the boat for 1 with More Power......."

"5.8 is a Ford. 4.3 is a Chevy

"5.8 is a Ford. 4.3 is a Chevy so there are many many issues that would have to be addre$$ed with that swap. Why the 5.8 fixation? And fuel injection? you are looking at electric fuel pumps and all sorts of painful additions. A 5.7 Chevy swap would be the only somewhat logical one, but even then you are changing outdrive gear ratios.
Bondos advice is good. Many have ignored it and have put V8's where V6's used to be. The best way to do that is with a donor boat - a boat with a trashed hull or interior etc but mechanically sound. Whole boats always cheaper than buying parts piece by piece. especially when someone has no trailer and you are willing to load and haul away."

"Uhhh....tnx for your help, so

"Uhhh....tnx for your help, so how cani put some HP in my Engine? Is there any way? Like Instaling Supercharger or something like that?

Tnx to all who reply to me. :)"

Back