Logo

1987 90Hp VRO

crashtestdummy

Hello everybody just a quick q

Hello everybody just a quick question just picked up this motor pulled heads #4 cylinder had water in it where did it come from im thinking head gasket but they looked good but wasnt very hard to loosen head bolts either i only used a boxed end wrench.

Constant heating and cooling w

Constant heating and cooling will mean that head bolts will feel loose. Many people do not take motors in for " service " as they always " start " and what could be wrong.If water got inside there could be damage to bearings.Other than that resurface the heads and re-install with new gaskets TORQUE to 240 inch-lbs and retorque after cooldown.Check torque once a year.

I forgot to mention this motor

I forgot to mention this motor was sitting on its side for about three months according to the guy i got it from he said it ran good but i find that hard to believe now i can only figure maybe still had water in it when he laid it on its side and water ran in through the exhaust maybe or the heads were loose enough water filtered in.

update: motor junk decidedto p

update: motor junk decidedto pull exhaust and change gaskets broke bolt off drilled out tried to retap broke tap off in hole! @#*#@ anybody got a case for an 87 evinrude v4 90hp?

"Can anyone tell me how old my

"Can anyone tell me how old my 90HP Johnson is? It is Model # VJ90TLETE, Serial # G02594240.
Also it has the VRO2 oil injection system, does this mean the same thing as Direct Injection? Some of our National Parks in Canada are restricting boat engines to either 4 stroke or 2 stroke w/direct injection."

Back