Logo

Volvo 151 cam

navitec

"I have twin 151vp,1 will rev

"I have twin 151vp,1 will rev past 4500 the other will only rev tp 4000,both have the same legs and props, I have removed the head for cleaning and it appears to be have not been fitted long and also the no4 exhaust port is sqaure as apposed to round, My thoughts are that this could be off a car, If the cam s not changed would this cause the under performing of this engine"

"A car cam will most likely gi

"A car cam will most likely give a very poor performance on a marine engine. The correct cam for your engine should have a "V" stamped on it. The generic number for that cam is 1219032, and the Volvo Penta part number is 1346442."

you will have to take the cam

you will have to take the cam out and the numbers are the side between the lobes

"Terry, the way I recall the V

"Terry, the way I recall the V is stamped (not cast) at the end of the camshaft closest to the transom."

"I JUST TOOK A LOOK ANB THERE

"I JUST TOOK A LOOK ANB THERE IS NO STAMPS ON ETHER ONE MARINE OR AUTO,AT LEAST ON THE B30 BLOCKS CAMS,JUST CAST NUMBERSBETWEEN THE LOBES??"

"Don't know about the OHV

"Don't know about the OHV models, but my former AQ140 OHC had a V stamped on it; and an AQ145 I stripped a couple of years ago had a K (also stamped)."

your right i pulled the cam ge

your right i pulled the cam gear off or the auto cam and the letter c was stamped on the gear side where it bolts up to but the marine one does not have any stamps at ether end

Back