Logo

STROKER 1990 GT200

strokerace

I HAVE A 1990 GT JOHNSON 200 O

I HAVE A 1990 GT JOHNSON 200 ON A 21' STROKER BASS BOAT. THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS IT CUTS OUT REALLY BAD JUST RIGHT BEFORE IT GETS ON PLANE SOMETIMES! I BACK THE THROTTLE DOWN AND JUST LET IT IDLE AND IT IDLES FINE. I CAN TURN THE SWITCH OFF AND FIRE IT BACK UP AND IT WILL TAKE RIGHT OFF AND IT MAY NOT DO THIS AGAIN ALL DAY! I HAVE RAN THREE TANKS OF FUEL THROUGH IT SO THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY BAD GAS. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ADVISE ON WHAT MAYBE CAUSING THIS PROBLEM?

"i thought,..some of the other

"i thought,..some of the other guys would jump on this,....but...i dont wanna lv you hanging,..so:
w/any prob...ck spark
ck compression
ck fuel delivery through out
let us know what u find....sounds like an ign prob....
if u can---ck the above,..right after,..the prob occurs.."

"compression is 90 on all cyli

"compression is 90 on all cylinders... the plugs and wires have not been changed in prob eight years...from the previous owner!I guess that would be a great place to start! how often do you change the plug wires and plugs? It had a half tank of fuel in it when I bought it three months ago, that gas had been in it for two years prior. so maybe I dont have all the bad gas out after all! whats a good gas treatment to use?"

"Think about it, if the gas an

"Think about it, if the gas and oil has been mixed for that long it has gone bad / sour or whatever you want to call it. So what happened to the oil that was mixed in there????? Will it still lubricate properly??? The motor will run with that junk but what are you doing to the motor??? Get rid of it and mix fresh!!!"

Its oil injected...what kind o

Its oil injected...what kind of gas treatment should I add? Can you replace plug wires with auto parts plug wires or do they have to be marine grade?

"Bigger and brighter problems!

"Bigger and brighter problems! my starter went out last weekend so i put new starter on, now it want start, it turns over good and im gettin fire. compression is 85 to 90 on all cylinders. took plugs out and turned the motor over and the bottom two cylinders are very rich with fuel and oil. also the spark is a red orange should it be hotter? took the carbs off checked the floats everything looked very clean and in working order! What should I be looking at the fuel pump? All information is needed!!!!!!! Thanks for any advice! Maybe I just need a MERC!!!!!!!!!!!"

Back