Logo

Winter projects lets see um

atilla_boy

Regular Contributor
"ok I know all you northerners

"ok I know all you northerners are waiting on spring and the ice to thaw but some of ya'll have to be doing winter projects.....so lets eem um. teh is no excuse not to post them since ya'll can't take um out and play heheh not to rub it in or anything but its supposed to be almost 80 degrees F here tomorrow in central Florida
biggrin.gif

sun.gif
sun.gif

this post made me think of the idea for this post
http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=591219"

"I am happy to say I don't

"I am happy to say I don't have one this year
biggrin.gif
(except for some trailer maintenance) I gotta say it's a good feeling."

"John...
That looks like a bi

"John...
That looks like a bit more than a winter project to me. I didn't read all the text on that boat, so I'm not sure how long that took him, if he mentioned it. All I know is that with all my family and kid's afterhour activities, theres no way I could find the time to do a job that big. Excellent finished product though. Logging onto this site every couple of days is as close as I get to doing a boat project.
And yes...we are all waiting for the ice to melt and the snow to go away so we can get our boats out of storage.

Wrench"

yeah it just reminded me that

yeah it just reminded me that ya'll are stuck in the cold and we are going to the gulf this weekend its supposed to be 80 all weekend heheheheheh. not to rub it in or anything

cut it out John. don't tea

cut it out John. don't tease the yankees. it's not nice. remember your southern manners. or your momma will slap you silly.

"nice boat chris looks like fu

"nice boat chris looks like fun and I am just teasing them nothing too serious. haha lots of love to all boaters just want to get people to post some pics I just had to change the trim solenoid in my boat so we can got out to yankee town tomorrow. no pun intended thats realy the name of the place where we get on the water to get out to the gulf of mexico. really!!
sun.gif
"

"Still working on my winter pr

"Still working on my winter project. Its a 1978 Sea Ray srv200. I have redone alot lets see:
New trim tilt senders
new electronic ignition
new marine radio
new gauges
New shift cable
rebuild carb
new stereo system
Rewired all electronics
Battery switch and two batteries
4 driving lights on the front,sides,rear for night fishing
two new interior lights
electric anchor wench
new switch board and location for accessories
automatic bilge pump
new prop.
Went over lower unit and made sure all was good
checked engine aligment
redone all the teak
new tires and bearings in trailer
now waiting on warmer weather to paint the boat.
Im sure i forgot some of the stuff ive done.
This is the boat at start:
147510.jpg
1978 sea ray srv200

Raymond:

Great job on her.

Raymond:

Great job on her. The gelcoat still has some gloss; what part are you painting? I was going to paint my 87 until I wet sanded it and buffed it out. There is a power wet sander that prof. restorers use.

Winter projects?...Northerner?

Winter projects?...Northerner?...For a while you have been the northerner.I just came back from a month in Cancun.Heck with projects- time to go snowmobiling in N.Y.hahahaha.My boat will be ready for the water mid-April and then us yankees will be waiting for our fellow boaters to come north to cool off.hahahah....I like your spirit and fun John H.

"Guy,
Im repainting the bo

"Guy,
Im repainting the bottom with antifoul paint. There are a couple spots in the gel coat that need patched (scrapes,scratches). Other then that the main cosmetic change will be the front hatch cover. You cant see the bottom to much in that pic but the underside looked bad (Paint only)."

Back