Logo

71 60hp stqarter

willstox

Contributing Member
"I've got power from the b

"I've got power from the battery to the solenoid but that's it !! Im assumeing I must have a bad solenoid? I can get it turn over by jumping it to the starter from the battery, but wont turn over with key. }"

"Inline with one of the smalle

"Inline with one of the smaller RED wires leading from the solenoid is a small 20 ampere power fuse. This fuse supplies 12 volts to the ignition switch. Check the fuse to see if it's blown.

Also, if too much throttle is applied, that will activate a cutout switch that disrupts the starter circuit."

"Joe, I looked at the fuse, it

"Joe, I looked at the fuse, it is good, as far as the throttle....I havent been useing it yet, is this a sign of a bad soleniod?"

"Find the safety switch on top

"Find the safety switch on top of the engine block, bypass it and try again."

"To check the solenoid, make s

"To check the solenoid, make sure that the battery is good and fully charged. Make sure that the battery positive cable is attached to one of the large terminal of the starter solenoid and that the other large solenoid terminal has a cable leading to the elecvtric starter terminal.

Make sure that one of the small solenoid terminals has a wire leading to a powerhead ground. Use a small jumper wire from the large positive battery terminal of the solenoid to the other small solenoid terminal.

When that small jumper is connected between the large RED cable terminal of the solenoid to the remaining small solenoid terminal, the solenoid should pull in. Let us know what you find."

"I got it to work, I had a wir

"I got it to work, I had a wire "unpluged" it is a hot lead going to the power box, I believe Bob was right. Thank you...."

Back