Logo

Nissan 140 battery cable connections

jetboy12

I'm about to mount my 96 N

I'm about to mount my 96 Nissan 140 and the boat shop has disconnected the battery cables from the motor. Could someone give me an idea as to where the positive and negative cables go on the motor ? Seems simple but I don't want to cross them up ! Thanks !

"The positive will go on the s

"The positive will go on the starter solenoid (1 of the two big bolts, but not the one with the wire going up to the starter) and the negative goes to the engine block itself (you should be able to see where it was bolted, but most anywhere on the block will work fine)"

"I got the motor mounted and I

"I got the motor mounted and I'm confused. It looks like it may connect to this part of the motor. Its on the side behind the carb linkage with a big electical wiring cover and throttle linkage close to it (see attachment). Am I close ? It doesn't look like it would connect directly to the starter.
147560.jpg
Engine Connection

"Mark, it's possible that

"Mark, it's possible that all your connections are made thru an electrical box.

Looking at your solenoid, there will be one heavier wire going up to the starter. The second heavy wire may go back to an electrical box (with a cover). It's this second wire that will ultimately hook up to your battery. There may be a fuse in-line on the connection from the solenoid to the electrical box - just to protect the circuit..."

Back