Logo

No Spark on 1996 175hp Evinrude

unclejake

"I have a 1996 175hp Evinrude

"I have a 1996 175hp Evinrude that has no fire at times. It seems to only happen first thing in the morning. One time it will start and run fine then the next it won't hit a lick. I have read several things on the internet and have checked out most of the suggestions. I have the gray spark plug wires, QL78YC plugs, and it appears the stator has the grey shielded wire. I have run through the test from CDI troubleshooting guide but, I didn't get to disconnect the rectifiers/regulator before the spark came back.I also have replaced the optical eye and ignition switch. It ran good all last summer and now the problem is back. I do not have a DVA adapter so I haven't run any of those test but, I did check omhs on the stator and they fell right in the middle of the range on CDIs troubleshooting guide. What do I need to do now? Should I replace the power pack? I think that is the only thing left."

"try disc the shift switch,and

"try disc the shift switch,and see if that makes any diff...it will kill one bank of cyl.."

"Recently purchased 1993 Track

"Recently purchased 1993 Tracker with Johnson 40HP Model #TJ40ELETB. Engine is not firing. Ordered service manual and power pack from Marine Engine.Com. Installed the power pack today, still not firing. I hate to keep guessing and replacing parts. Can anyone suggest what to check next and possibly how to check it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a 12 year old dying to go fishing."

Back