Logo

85hp evinrude

i checked thenumbers agen and

i checked thenumbers agen and the plate says model#85493bserial#j0001077x my bad i see # backwards some times. any help with the right numbers?

"i also cant seem to hook up m

"i also cant seem to hook up my tilt@trim i have 3 wires a red a blue and a black comming from the tilt@trim whin i hook up to switch it dose nouthing if i run a positive wire from the battery to the red and a neg to the black the motor goes up if i hook the pos to the blue and the neg to black the motor goes down but i cant get a switch to work what am i doing wrong help?"

"ground the blk to batt...run

"ground the blk to batt...run hot to sw,hook up wires---u need a 3 pos momentary sw to hook 3 wires to...red goes in ctr,u should also have a solenoid for the up position"

"thank you iwbmarine i do also

"thank you iwbmarine i do also have a blakk wire comming from the tilt@trim body dont know exactly where it is connected could this be the solenoide wire? thanks agen donald"

"if u mean the elect mtr on TN

"if u mean the elect mtr on TNT--Ground it....if this wire is on the outside of tnt,it would be a bonding wire,which u would attach to another part of tnt,but ..i dont rem a bonding wire on it."

"ok---let me try to help u w/s

"ok---let me try to help u w/solenoid hookup....
u need a 4 post solenoid...2 small 2 large...
the BLUE wire,from tnt,goes on one lg post...a large red wire,from batt +,goes on other large post.Now,..one one samll post,u need to attach a blue,or--UP wire from sw.then,ground directly to batt the other small post...there is no solenoid for down pos..u just hook your down wire fr sw,to green on tnt mtr...use good size wires.."

There might be a small black w

There might be a small black wire on the cylinder and it is hooked up to a tilt/trim position indicator and has nothing to do with the motor.

ahh yes........ forgot about t

ahh yes........ forgot about the internal sender wire... LM is right...u dont have to hook that wire up!....

thanks guys i havent had time

thanks guys i havent had time to fix it yet ill let ya all know soon as i get to it.yea the black wire runs on the out side of the other wires .woold you know what year this motor is i had the wrong #last time they are model#85493B serial#areJ0001077X i am sure this time 85hp evinrude starflite thanks for all your help donald

"1974 85hp Evinrude:

<[img]

"1974 85hp Evinrude:

147372.jpg
PTT

back agen.wondering if you wou

back agen.wondering if you would know the fuel mix for my 1974-85hp evinrude outboard? i was thinking 40to1 would that be wright?

i have a 1974 evinrude 85hp ou

i have a 1974 evinrude 85hp outbard i was running great but it quit running thought it was not getting gas however when i pulled it out of the water there was oil comming out of some small holes down by the bolts on my lower unit and from the inside of my prop any idea what my problem may be? don

can any one help me with my pr

can any one help me with my problem? 85hp evinrude leaking black oil from small holes in lower unit also out of inside prop shaft thanks don

Back