Logo

One way check valve Main Bearings 94 150 Evinrude

ericv

"During teardown, found the br

"During teardown, found the brass and ? check valve in the race for the number 2 main bearing has no check ball in it.

I can't find these, nor what their actual name or part number is anywhere."

Look it up on the BRP catalog

Look it up on the BRP catalog web site. You might have to go to a different year as there is / are some small errors / omissions in there.They are not cheap at $40.00 each.Are you absolutely sure they have a ball in them.Model # of the motor is ??????

It is only check valves (o

It is only check valves (one-way) in the intake section and not in the bearings. On some engines there are check valves mounted in-line on the hose going from lower to upper main.

Picture of the check valve ins

Picture of the check valve installed or pulled from the block may help identify.

"Pos '8' are in-line c

"Pos '8' are in-line check valves for main bearing circulation.
147278.gif
"

"The brass recirculating valve

"The brass recirculating valves? If air can travel both ways thru any of those valves, simply replace them. Check valve part number 392988.

Should you be speaking of the small rubber type valve that exists in the crankcase at the center main bearing areas, I've encountered that problem in the past.

I couldn't find them listed either so I simply yanked them out and discarded them. I've done this many (MANY) times since and encouintered no engine problems. Engines of many years ago are still running strong."

"Engine is 1994 Evinrude 150 6

"Engine is 1994 Evinrude 150 60 degree block ( E150GLERV) Well, they appear to be brass in 3 of the Main bearing races, appears to be a primary oiling hole.

This is the only race where it's bad.
147291.jpg
race

If these are the same as found

If these are the same as found in the 4 cylinder crossflow motors (and it is an IF ) then the part # is 394884.Might be worth checking with your dealer.

Back