Logo

70 hp tilt and trim removal

What is the model number of th

What is the model number of that engine? There are various PTT units for different years.

sorry i had a brain fart it it

sorry i had a brain fart it it e70elcsa i just got a tilt and trim from a family member tonight that works great i just need to get this one off and get the other on having trouble with the pin that goes through the tilt to the motor got the clips off but havent beat on pin yet afraid to break the aluminum around the pin

"1980 70hp Evinrude. Okay, the

"1980 70hp Evinrude. Okay, then obviously you know how to remove it, you're simply having a problem with that top tilt cylinder retaining pin.

That pin can really be a first class bugger.

Use a hand held propane torch with a blow torch tip to heat the aluminum casting that surrounds that pin. It's best to have a helper with that part of the job.

Have a fire extinguisher and a garden hose handy just in case. The carburetors aren't too far from the area you'll be heating.

Use a piece of a old outboard driveshaft or some simiilar tool, and a supper heavy hammer to drive that pin out..... very unlikely that you'll break that casting.

I've used this method many times and have yet to have that casting even chip slightly."

THANKS YEAH I THINK I CAN GET

THANKS YEAH I THINK I CAN GET THE REST OF IT AS LONG AS I DONT BREAK ANY BOLTS I USE THIS BOAT IN SALTWATER BEING I LIVE IN FL SO IM SURE THAT MAKES MY PROBLEM EVEN MORE DIFFICULT THANKS AGAIN FOR UR HELP

Back