Logo

88 25hp evinrude help

nebeye

"Bought this motor from a frie

"Bought this motor from a friend and it hasnt been ran much the past 3 years,fired it up last week and it runs great if you keep pumping the ball,thought it was the fuel pump so I put a kit in it and still the same thing.........any ideas on what else it could be Thanks Lee"

Classic symptoms! When an outb

Classic symptoms! When an outboard is neglected with fuel sitting in the carburetor it gums up the jets.Remedy is to dismantle the carburetor and clean it.Generally no parts required save for a bowl gasket.

"I took the carb apart and cle

"I took the carb apart and cleaned the jets and it still runs only when you pump the ball,it also has a new fuel line and tank....Thanks Lee"

"make sure your tank is ventin

"make sure your tank is venting,...replace fuel pump.make sure u have no restrictions...filters,pick-up tubes etc..."

"make sure u have a gasket bet

"make sure u have a gasket between pump and block,and there is a pulse hole in it...make sure pulse hole, -on block-, is clean/clr.."

You need to revisit the fuel p

You need to revisit the fuel pump repair / operation. Is there a pressure pulse at the hole in the block when you pull the cord?? The newer plastic tanks have had issues with bad hoses internally in the fuel tank.

Back