Logo

2000 Tacker V16 SC DeepV

ibnfshn

Advanced Contributor
Anyone running one of these. I

Anyone running one of these. I curious as to how badly under powered it is with a 40HP merc on it.

"These are packaged in Canada

"These are packaged in Canada with either the 40 horse 4 stroke or the "classic" 50 2 stroke - both options are somewhat underpowered when you get more than 2 adults in the boat.

Up until a couple of years ago this was one of the models that was rated at 90 horses (now 75 I believe). They made the change to account for the extra weight of the 4 strokes hitting the market.

Quite popular up my way I have been out in a few different configurations (both side and full console) and came to the conclusion that while the price is attractive, there just isn't enough motor there and if you go with the (low end) you will be dissappointed.

At the very least I would go with the 60 horse 4 stroke (Merc - $2.5K upgrade option) - same weight as the 40. The 75 (4 stroke)or even the 75 OPTI adds an extra 150 pounds so the extra horsepower gain (over the 60) is gobbled up by the extra weight.

With the package motor these tend to top out in the mid 20 mph range (with the 50 2 stroke a couple mph better than the 4 stroke + better kick) - the hull is capable of about 40 - the 60 horse will put you close to that (36-38 mph) with 2 adults and a light gear load..."

Back