Logo

Power tilt question

sduke

I have a power tilt on a 1973

I have a power tilt on a 1973 Johnson 115 hp outboard. I loosened the bleed screw to lower the motor because the battery was dead. Tightened the screw and unit makes noise but doesn't lift the motor. Do I need to do something else?

"Some of those bleed (manu

"Some of those bleed (manual release) screws/valves do not tighten up like a normal screw would but rather will turn constantly in a circle without tightening. This type release usually is in release mode when vertical, and in operational mode when horizontal.

Regardless of what type you may have, check the PTT fluid in the reservoir. Have the engine in the full tilt up position when filling the reservoir."

"Hi,I have 1977 85hp evinerude

"Hi,I have 1977 85hp evinerude that has been idle for 3 months in shed with engine raised.Now the engine will not lower,and the prestolite type release screw,appears to have broken as there is no screw driver slot visable.I have refilled pump but will only lift up not down.Can anyone help."

"John.... So that all members

"John.... So that all members may see your post:

(MarineEngine.com - Properly Inserted Post)

Go back to the previous page and click on the "Start New Discussion" hyperlink that exists in the "Blue Border".

This will allow you to enter your question/post under your own title heading which will then appear at the top of the list.

As it now stands, your post is buried under the post of another member."

Back