Logo

Lose of power under load

db278

i have an Evinrude 9.9hp. I no

i have an Evinrude 9.9hp. I noticed that underload i cannot acheive full acceleration. Out of the water i can get maximum acceleration. The throttle seems to be a bit tight when underload. Any ideas?

Thanks
Daniel

"Never open the throttle when

"Never open the throttle when out of the water or when in neutral. You could encounter a runaway engine..... connecting rods flying out the sides of the crankcase etc!

Start trouble shooting with the basics. Check the compression, then with the spark plugs removed, check the spark. Let us know what you find in this area.

What is the model number of that engine?"

"Thanks for your help. It was

"Thanks for your help. It was faulty spark plug.

Model Number is E10CRNS. I believe it is an 1982 model. Where can I obtain workshop manual from.

Again, Thanks
talker.gif

Daniel"

"E10CRNS would indicate a 1984

"E10CRNS would indicate a 1984 9.9hp Evinrude if you didn't transpose any of those letters..... however no such model number exists to my knowledge.

But if the model number is actually E10RCNS which does exist, then the engine would be a 1982 9.9hp Evinrude."

"Joe i have i simalar problem

"Joe i have i simalar problem with a 6hp sea horse it runs fine at idle but runs poorly under load,almost stall's through mucking about i have found it runs ok with the motor cover removed. all of the vent slots are free of blockages i even drilled some holes behind the top handle as on my 8 hp, no change can you sugest anything i am i small engine mechanic but have'nt struck this before needle and seat seem ok. any help would be apreciated thanks"

"Steve:
You should have put t

"Steve:
You should have put this under a new thread, but:
Engines running 'poor' with cover on is normally due to exhaust leakage from powerhead/housing gasket, shift-rod seal, etc."

Back