Logo

Water leaving my heat exchanger

coryneil

after running my engine the wa

after running my engine the water in my heat exchanger is gone but the floor is dry and it is not leaking anywhere so where do yall think it is going. thanks

"Need more details.
When you

"Need more details.
When you winterized it, did you run the engine for a while to circulate the antifreeze? If not, the block could crack where the antifreeze did not mix. If cracked to the outside, coolant could have leaked out during a thaw then evaporated or run out the drain hole long before you started it. If cracked internally, coolant could run to the oil pan.
Coolant could also get out via the risers and out the exhaust.
Check the dipstick for water.
Fill the heat exchanger and pay attention to how much it takes to fill it. Run the engine to temp and see if the coolant level changes. Add more coolant if needed to determine if coolant level will stablise.
You can smell hot antifreeze if it is leaking via a bad hose connection. You can see a steam cloud with antifreeze smell if leaking via cracked head. If leaking via a internal leak at the risers, you will might see green in the exhaust water"

i never stopped using the boat

i never stopped using the boat so i did not winterize it. the oil looks fine and i just changed it so it isn't going there. maybe it is going througe the rizers but i dont see antifreeze comming from the exhaust. so i dont know

"[b]"maybe it is going thr

""maybe it is going througe the rizers but i dont see antifreeze comming from the exhaust."

That's about the Only place it can be going....

Pull the Heat Exchanger,+ Pressure Test it...."

Thank you all for your advice.

Thank you all for your advice. It helped me to determine the problem. I changed the gaskets on my risers. One of them had a small crack in it. Thanks again.

Back