Logo

BF130 ecm

captjeff

"Hi Everyone, I'm new to t

"Hi Everyone, I'm new to the board and need to see if anyone knows about replacing the ecm. I read the codes, went through the troubleshooting and ended up with the manual suggesting replacing the ecm. I pulled the No.2 motors ecm, istalled it on No. 1 and reset it. The engine still did not start. When I read the codes after reset (No.2 ecm on No.1 motor) all I got was a solid red light. (this ecm was reading codes before I pulled it off the No.2 motor) when I put the No.1 ecm back in I got solid red off it also. Did I fry 1K worth of ecm's or do they reset when removed and show a solid red until the motor is started? I appreciate any help. Thanks, Jeff"

"Ok, so I got No.2 running yes

"Ok, so I got No.2 running yesterday, runs up fine with the muffs, but the ecm is still showing a solid red when I check it. Does anyone know if it would even run with a bad ecm? Do I need to put a longer run on it in order to store codes? Help. Thanks."

"Yes, and at first both ecm&#3

"Yes, and at first both ecm's were working, the mil was blinking, after I exchanged them both went to a solid red light no matter which motor I put them on. (I also reset them each time I moved them) I have not gotten No.1 started (fuel pump motor I believe) but was able to start No. 2 and do a run with the muffs. Everything ran smooth, good idle, but still have a solid red light. I have never seen a car run with a bad ecm but stranger things have happened.
I don't know if it will perform under a load and can't launch until I replace the No. 1 fuel pump motor.
I understand the No. 1 not reading right now because it has not run since I removed and reinstalled its ecm but No.2 should have read when I ran it, I guess, unless there is something I'm missing. Sorry this is so long winded.
Thanks, Jeff"

just some carb cleaner
i woul

just some carb cleaner
i would switch 1 and 2 aand go from there

where are u located?

"Fort Worth, Texas. Thanks for

"Fort Worth, Texas. Thanks for taking time to help out. I'll keep this updated one way or another after I clean them and do some switching around and see what I get.
Thanks,
Jeff"

"You've given me a directi

"You've given me a direction. Much more that I had. The wife is about to scalp me if I don't stop crying about my ecm's. This will give her some peace through the weekend anyway. From what I read before I guess you're on the left coast?
Thanks, again
Jeff"

"u can dig my number up if u g

"u can dig my number up if u go to my profile
got a ? just call me

ya, from cali, land of the fruits and nutz they say, lol"

"Hello J-I-T. So the weather a

"Hello J-I-T. So the weather and work finally let up at the same time and I got some time to play. After going through the manual I wanted to see if you know what honda calls the O2 sensor. I got a lotta sensors, but "The Book" never calls one O2. Thanks,
Jeff"

Back