Logo

Interior redo update and

atilla_boy

Regular Contributor
"ok so i know i need to instal

"ok so i know i need to install bildge blowers now that the engine will be inclosed. i plan to use to 4 inch ones but not sure which side to install them on... I know one needs to go down under the motor and i want to put one near the carb. intake area. my ? is do I install them blowing the fresh air in or do i put them pulling the bad air out????? this pic is the latest to my work on the sundeck/ engine cover

146963.jpg
"

"The blower is supposed to blo

"The blower is supposed to blow the "bad air out"
The fumes accumulate in the bilge area. One blower will suffice.

P.S In the last picture i see the real engine cover sitting outside of the boat, why aren't you using it? Your carpentry skills seem to be a bit much for your boat, hahaha no offence."

"that one is rotted out and is

"that one is rotted out and is barely able to stand on its own. The engine is also a 180 hp and the motor that came with the boat is a 140 hp, so the 180hp motor is physically bigger and the original motor cover is too small. my wife also wanted a sundeck so I am killing 2 birds with one stone.... and no offence taken but i am a carpenter by trade so this is an easy upgrade just not much time to work on it..."

You should have had a blower i

You should have had a blower in it before. You will need a 4" exhaust duct or enlarge the one you have. Mount the blower up high near the exhaust outlet w/out droops in the hose so there is little or no resistance to air flow. Place the other hose end into the bottom of the bilge.

it had a blower in it before b

it had a blower in it before but is was no good so i will be replacing it with a new one. 2 probably cause there so cheap

Back