Logo

Trim hose

ceeclipz

"Does anyone have any illustra

"Does anyone have any illustration on how to replace an inside trim hose of the trim/tilt motor, the head of the hose has a small crack and it leaks...the engine is a 1990 4.3 merc.

Thanks"

I dont know about your system

I dont know about your system but i replaced all mine they were pretty straight forward. One hose will run to the reverse lock valve. The other hose ran to the stern drive to a block where the external lines connected. There were two lines on this block one ran to the trim/tilt motor the other ran to the reverse lock valve. Now this was a 1978 898 model one stern drive.

not on the model i have it is

not on the model i have it is right under the gimble housing held on by two bolts. But i dont know what model stern you have. I recomend a good service manual if you are doing any work on these things. I refer to mine all the time. Yours being a 1990 may be completly different. Like i said mine is an alpha model 1. If you follow the lines back from the trim cylinders they go into the sides of the block.

"you won't find a reverse

"you won't find a reverse lock valve on yours. they don't use them anymore. just two hoses from pump to drive. remove two nuts holding block to transom assy.(above zinc, or mercathode) pull down enough to remove hoses, and pull into boat. feed new lines from the inside, and reconnect. job is a real pain with engine installed. access tough. replace both hoses, this isn't a job you'll wan't to do twice."

Back