Logo

Circulating air around the engine

2008citation

"Hey guys...heres one for you.

"Hey guys...heres one for you.

My ducting from the blower is not connected to the vent. I dont know how it was connected before. The ducting from the blower now is too short to connect to the vent on the starboard side(after engine cover was redone)

I know the vents on the port side are for air intake, and I dont have ducting there. Can I get adaptors that connect the ducting to the vents, and if I can, where should I look to purchase rather quickly?

146855.jpg

front side
146856.jpg

bottom"

"Ayuh,.....

Any boating sto

"Ayuh,.....

Any boating store will have the tubing you need,....
Including this site that we're on,....
Just look to the rightside of the page...."

"Rob:

Bondo is talking abou

"Rob:

Bondo is talking about the vinyl hose w/a coiled wired inside it. You probably need 3" hose. Just insert an inch of the hose into the collector and seal it with some poly sealant to hold it in place. Secure the hose in a few places w/plastic zip ties that have an eye on the end for a screw. Get enough hose to run from the air inlet collector to the bilge bottom in back of the engine and vice-versa for the air exhaust collector which the blower is installed in-line between the bilge and the exhaust collector outlet.

Since you have two fresh air inlets, remove any vent covers and install a foot long piece of hose and let it hang for additional fresh air.

Since cool air is coming into the engine compartment and expanded hot air is being exhausted out of it, I changed the blower and exhaust collector to a 4" for more air movement. I also ran the extra 3" hose from the inlet collector to the underside of the engine cover and let it dangle in the front of the carb. for direct fresh air. Don't know if it makes a difference, just more fresh air."

The fresh air inlets face forw

The fresh air inlets face forward from the stern to the bow and the exhaust face toward the stern.

Back